Saturday 19 November 2016

REVIEW: Igniting the Spark (Daughter of Fire #4) by Michelle Irwin @writeonshell

Blurb

Igniting the Spark (Daughter of Fire #4) by Michelle Irwin

Death beckons, calling Evie Myers to the darkness. She isn’t ready to leave, and Clay isn’t ready to let her go.

After fighting back from the brink, Evie’s life is forever altered. Together with Clay, she finds a home and sanctuary within the fae community. Everything has changed, and life is perfect. Or so they believe.

They soon learn their trip into the heart of the Rain kicked off a revolution, and Clay is called back into the fold. But when Evie needs Clay the most, one mission will risk it all.

When her happy ending hangs in the balance, and everything looks lost, how will Evie find the strength to fight for what she wants the most?
 

Buy Links 

 Amazon US ~ Amazon UK ~ Kobo ~ B&N

(Book 1 is free in Evie's series: Amazon US ~ Amazon UK

Review

Igniting the Spark (Daughter of Fire, #4)Igniting the Spark by Michelle Irwin
Kat's rating: 5 of 5 stars

*** I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat***

THIS BOOK is the conclusion of the Series in Evie's POV but the story will not be completely over until Clays POV is given as Michelle Irwin has written these companion series very well giving the reader more with each book without really repeating the storyline that much. This is the best companion series I have read so far, and in a way, I will be sad, but I can always re-read them again.

OKAY!!! I actually read this book in order due to me being indisposed when it released - and by in order I mean after Clay's Book Court the Fire, and for the best overall read, I recommend that you read in this order:

Through the Fire (Daughter of Fire, #1) by Michelle Irwin
Besieged by Rain (Son of Rain, #1) by Michelle Irwin
Rise from Ash (Daughter of Fire #2) by Michelle Irwin
Among the Debris (Son of Rain, #2) by Michelle Irwin
Into the Rain (Daughter of Fire, #3) by Michelle Irwin
Court the Fire (Son of Rain, #3) by Michelle Irwin
Igniting the Spark (Daughter of Fire, #4) by Michelle Irwin
and Yet To Be Named Sons Of Rain Book 4 when it's released in 2017 (Michelle has promised that it will be next year) This book is on my can't wait-list as what happens to Clay in this book was like OMG!!!

OK now onto this Review:

At the end of Courting the Fire we were left with a big dramatic ending, and now that Evie is recovering within the fae community, life is perfect. ( But Ms. Irwin is mean, that is not good enough for her wicked author ways, she makes it a bit harder for them to get their HEA!)

The Rain is having an internal revolution, and Clay goes back to work with Ethan. Promises are broken and when Evie needs Clay the most, he leaves promising to return.

Well, we all know that the book would be boring if nothing happened, and boy did it just.

Ms. Irwin has taken the reader on a roller coaster ride of emotions, she had me in tears, gripping my kindle, shouting at Clay, wanting to kick Ethan... you get my drift?

I can't say much about the plot without giving much away, so all I can say is that this series will be on the TOP FAVE PNR Authors with Nalini Singh Rachel M. Raithby A.K. Michaels
I have not read any book of Ms. Irwins that I haven't loved, and if you like Contemporary Romance with speed check her other series out as they are just as entertaining and well written.

The Characters are like real people to me, I have watched this couple grow and deal with issues of Family hating their union, being on the run and still finding happiness in the little things, yes this is fantasy but when I am reading their story, in my head its real, and they find happiness in the midst of tragic circumstances, it makes you think about what problems you perceive as hard and you realise that yes, life's not so bad. That's why I read HEA's because even though they may be fiction/fantasy or plain old made up Contemporary Romance. you can take their experiences and take inspiration to add to your real life. Well, that is what I do, but I know that every reader is different.

The Story flows well, and we are taken deeper into the realm of lore and myths as the story evolves, I like how Michelle adds more tidbits to the actual supernatural world that exists in myth and makes me want to google and find out more.

I will say that we are left wondering at the end - and I mean before the Epilogue ( and this is where I say that we will really not know the real ending until Clays 4th Book) Ms. Irwin has sneakily not really answered the question, but we do get our HEA in the Epilogue so I finished this book with an AHHHH and a smile on my face. and a secret wish that the author will do a Sub-series involving the next generation ( Are you reading this Ms. Irwin, hint hint!)

View all Kat's reviews

Author Bio

Michelle Irwin has been many things in her life: a hobbit taking a precious item to a fiery mountain; a young child stepping through the back of a wardrobe into another land; the last human stranded not-quite-alone in space three million years in the future; a young girl willing to fight for the love of a vampire; and a time-travelling madman in a box. She achieved all of these feats and many more through her voracious reading habit. Eventually, so much reading had to have an effect and the cast of characters inside her mind took over and spilled out onto the page.

Michelle lives in sunny Queensland in the land down under with her surprisingly patient husband and ever-intriguing daughter, carving out precious moments of writing and reading time around her accounts-based day job. A lover of love and overcoming the odds, she primarily writes paranormal and fantasy romance.
  
Website:
Twitter:  @writeonshellFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/MichelleIrwinAuthor
Amazon Page: http://amzn.to/2fbFTKK


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate