Sunday 30 May 2021

Duplicity by Nicky Webber Review

BLURB

Years ago, I worked as a magazine journalist and stumbled upon a story about an intelligent, wealthy high-class call-girl. It took many months of assurances and rearranging private interviews before I was able to meet her in the flesh. It was one of the most astounding interview sessions I ever encountered. This information forms the basis of this true-life story, DUPLICITY.

This popular new 4.5-star book is based on the true story of Sophia Huston. Born into eye-watering wealth, she is intelligent, stunning, and a charming sophisticate. Life’s perfect until her mother dies, and her father’s business is bankrupted. Sophia and her sister face tough decisions that risks everything.

University educated, Sophia, speaks four languages and sets her sights on re-securing her once affluent lifestyle. At first, she begins a complicated affair with her father’s business associate. Within a year, Sophia secretly plots to live two separate lives. One in a quiet Sydney suburb working as an interior designer to camouflage her real occupation as a secret lover to several wealthy men.

In a few years, she secures a luxurious penthouse and sets up business as a high-class mistress for seven powerful men. Each lover believes he is the one and only, and each pays Sophia a monthly retainer to keep her on-call. Will Sophia’s duplicitous arrangement survive prying questions? How smart does she have to be to survive blackmail and manage her wealthy clients? Will accumulated wealth finally buy her happiness?

 BOOK LINKS

Buy directly from the author website:

https://nickywebber.com/books/new-release-duplicity-secrets-of-a-decadent-double-life/

Or from Amazon along with her other books in print and on kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Duplicity-Secrets-Decadent-Double-Life-ebook/dp/B08BL1V2C

Also available at Cambridge PaperPlus

 RING 07 827 4360 to order your paperback.

REVIEW


I met the Author Nicky Webber at a book signing Ages of Pages held at Hamilton Gardens this year. The banner for this book was in my line of sight all day and after I'd done my PA duties I ventured over to ask about the book.

The blurb pretty much explains the story, and I bought it and started reading it the next week.

It was a story that Mark Twain Quotes

Truth is stranger than fiction, sums up fully.
This book really was a look into a life I couldn't imagine, but once I got to know Sophia as a character, I could understand how perfectly logical her plan was. The book was a story that had me wondering what would happen next when I wasn't reading and to me that makes it a 5 star read. When an author captures my attention when I am doing other chores and all I want is to get back to reading what happens next. 

AUTHOR BIO
Originally a journalist, Nicky loves true stories and picks over the bones of real-life tales, before recreating a narrative rich with emotional turmoil.

Born in Tokoroa, New Zealand, she lived in South Africa for 20 years before returning home in 1994 where she worked as a business manager. In recent years, she has stepped away from the corporate world and resumed her passion for writing.

Her books focus on biographical fiction based on the real-life stories of ordinary people engaged in secretive and extraordinary lives. She enjoys writing both contemporary and historical novels.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
WEBSITE: https://nickywebber.com/

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks Kat and I'm impressed with our wonderful blog with so much info and interesting links. GREAT stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nicky Webber! She has an amazing skill of drawing you in and making you question things - even your own morals like in Duplicity. Awesome read - can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Follow

Instagram

Translate