Tuesday 8 November 2016

Review: The Diamond Horse by Stacy Gregg


A frozen palace and a sparkling secret – an epic Russian adventure awaits!
Anna Orlov might be the luckiest girl in the world. She is the daughter of a Russian Count and lives in a beautiful snowbound palace that is home to a menagerie of wonderful animals: tigers, wolfhounds and, of course, horses. And she is also the owner of a beautiful heirloom – a diamond necklace with a secret past.
But when Anna defies her father’s wishes and secretly raises a young colt alongside her pet tiger cub, her actions will have far reaching consequences. And soon Anna, her tiger and her horse will be fighting for survival in the frozen tundra of Siberia…
An epic adventure of horses, friendship and sparkling secrets!

Buy Links 

Review



 The Diamond HorseThe Diamond Horse by Stacy Gregg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*** I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat***

I have just finished New Zealand Author Stacey Gregg's latest horse adventure for readers that love horses. Whether you are 10 or 100 if you love horses you will love this book. I loved it... it's not just a child's book. Its an adventure into two young girls and their special horses lives in Russia. .. the mystery of what links the two girls I will leave you to discover yourself. This book is going to be on my #grandaughters stocking list. She and her mum will love it just as much as I did.
The publishers also did a great job with both the cover and the formatting. With sparkling highlights, it will be a feature on any bookshelf.

I loved the magical landscape created by the author, the tension, the courage.
Anna and Valentina were strong capable girls with heart and great role models for any young girl ( or boy - who am I to generalise who would enjoy this story)
Drakon, oh how he reminded me of Jesterdale, my big but beautiful, majestic standardbred, he had a heart of a lion, loyal and bold, god rest his soul. Sasha, well he reminded me of my daughter's horse Bae, who when paired with my daughters riding transforms from his Gisborne bred roots to a magical moving horse when doing dressage. Anna's other companions, Boris and Igor were heros in their own rights and combined the book would make a faboulous gift a child would treasure forever.
Thank you, Harper Collins, New Zealand for allowing me to review this story, I am ordering a copy for my granddaughters Christmas box.

View all Kat's reviews

Author Bio

Stacy Gregg is the author of successful pony adventure series Pony Club Secrets and Pony Club Rivals. Formerly the editor of fashion website www.Runwayreporter.com, Stacy writes exclusively for HarperCollins.Her own ponies and experiences at her local pony club provided the inspiration for the Pony Club Secrets and her later years at boarding school were a catalyst for Pony Club Rivals.
Stacey Gregg's Website

Other books by the author http://amzn.to/2fBL214

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate