Saturday 19 November 2016

Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater @mstiefvater

Blurb 



Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs. The trick withfound things, though, is how easily they can be lost.








 

Links

Review


  Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a personal read, I have loved this series and so far this was my favourite, maybe because Blue comes into her own, she is one cool chick, and I think she is the glue that binds the group of 'Finders' I think that Maggie has a unique voice and it lends well to this series, and that the author has based the story around the Welsh King Glendower or Owain Glyndลตr as spelt in the old way. I felt that it gave the story more mystery, it got me interested anyway and I went off on a tangent to google what actually happened to him, and considering King Richard III was found under a council parking site in Leicester, you never know what the modern world is hiding.

I do love the mystery of the Ley-Lines
So this series has kept me gripped, it took me a while to finish it with my other scheduled reads.

But even now I can remember it all, and can't wait to read The Raven King hopefully before Christmas :D

I like Ms Stiefvater's style of writing, her characters are complex but easy to love, even Ronan! I could go on but I don't want to spoil the book or the series so I will end it here. BUT owow the epilogue made me glad that I can read the next book as soon as it arrives in the post!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate