Tuesday 5 August 2014

Carnage #2: The story of me by Lesley Jones Release Day Blitz



Note from me: Get ready to bulk order the Kleenex... Oh and READING BOOK 1 First is essential get it HERE


Carnage #2: The Story of Me Summary
When your world, your life and all of your hopes and dreams for the future are ripped out from under you, how do you go on?
Death without dying is not only the most painful kind of death, it's also the most painful kind of life and I don't know if I'm strong enough to live it.
I spend my lonely days and nights trying to make sense of what my life has become. Do I have the strength to move forward into the light, or should I just let the darkness take me?
I'm Georgia Rae Layton McCarthy and this is the story of me, just me.I'm no longer a part of an us, it's just me. Alone. By myself.








The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)The Story of Me by Lesley Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*** I was very lucky to be one of the Blogs on the Release Day tour so received a copy of the book to give my honest review***

I will start by saying if you have not read Carnage #1, The Story of Us,stop reading this review and go buy both books and read them in order. YOU are a lucky person to be able to be able to have book 2 waiting... I have waited a long time for this book, and thankfully Lesley did not disappoint me.

The first book was my very first GR review where I had to use GIF's that book has by far been the most emotional book I have read in a very long time (well until this book LOL) My review for Carnage#1 is Here Carnage #1, My 5 star Review But its not completely spoiler free - although I didn't give much more than the synopsis gives (at least I tried not to but I was an emotional mess writing that review!!!)
So GET READY FOR description

I am going to try write a spoiler free one - but try to evoke the feelings that I felt when reading this book:
description

TIP :An industrial size BOX of Kleenex Tissues is a must while reading this book. NO ITS NOT ALL DOOM AND GLOOM, But you will certainly be on a roller coaster ride... I really connected with Georgia, I have not (thank the lord, Touch wood etc) had to deal with a situation that the MC Georgia has to deal with, but Lesleys writing skills transport you into the book and you (Or Shall I say I certainly did) become so involved in the characters situation that you can't help giving in to the emotions. I think that Lesley Jones really put across the feelings of the loss you would feel so believably that you can't help but put yourself in the MC's shoes.
love them so much

Georgia has to deal with a lot in her path to healing, and I know that if I ever had to go through what Georgia has, I would be in the depths of despair, and I really do feel that our loved ones
watch over you, and there are moments in the book (I am not mentioning specifics) but you will know what I mean when you read them...

Georgia has to escape the Media, and goes to Australia to stay with her Aunt, Uncle and Cousins in Byron Bay, here where she is not known, she can finally relax and begin to heal. Jackson her cousin is one that really was such a lovely guy, I think there will be a lot of #TeamJackon Fans at the end of reading this book, and maybe some #TeamRoman fans too.

I was and always will be #TeamCAM, and #Tiger
description

thankfully makes an appearance in the book eventually, He is a Big Alpha male but he also shows his vunerable side, and boy did I 'need a moment or two'
description

and of course there has to be some character's who I just really wanted to scratch their eyes out OMG Lesley didn't half throw some doozy Plot twists into this book.

description

There are some seriously Laugh out Loud moments and Georgia's BFF's/Sis-in-laws are often the reason for this, I wish I had them two for BFF/Sisters!

The epilogue... well lets just say it was:
description

This book has been written solely on the request of the masses of Carnage #1 readers/fans who couldn't let the story end like that, that couldn't forget the characters, who demanded more of the story, and I am really thankful that Lesley listened to us - so THANK YOU Lesley Jones you get the Highest of Fives description


and in ending I say - GO BUY THE BOOK! you won't be disappointed.

View all my reviews






Lesley Jones Biography
I was born and raised in a small working class town in Essex, just outside of East London. I am married with three sons and in 2006 we all moved to the other side of the world, settling on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, about 50K outside of Melbourne Australia. It's a whole new way of life for us down here, we are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.
I am currently a stay at home mum but in the past I have worked at Marks & Spencer, as a classroom assistant/teachers aid and have run my business.

As well as writing, I love to read and have been known to get through four or five books a week. My other interests are watching my boys play football...The round ball version. I am happy to admit to being an addict of social media and I owe a lot to my Facebook and Twitter family in promoting my work. I am also rather partial to a glass... or bottle of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc being my favorite. Being a born and raised Essex girl, I will happily admit to be being a big fan of spray tans, Shellac and am regularly, waxed, tinted and sculpted, although I am more likely to be found in thongs/flipflops than a pair of white stilettos these days.

Social Media
Twitter: @LesleyKJones 




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate