Monday 9 January 2017

Dying Wish By Margaret McHeyzer #5StarReview #NewRelease @givemebooksblog @MargaretMAuthor


 
 
 
 
 
 
Title: Dying Wish
Author: Margaret McHeyzer
Genre: Young Adult
Release Date: January 8, 2017
Blurb
I have three major loves in my life: my family, my best friend Becky, and ballet. Elijah Turner is quickly becoming the fourth.
He's been around as long as I can remember. But now he's much more than just the annoying guy at school.
My life was working out perfectly...until it got turned upside down.
 
 Review
*** I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat***
So this book as you will by the title and blurb will require you to have tissues at the ready, and I am going to make this review as spoiler-free as I can do so this will make the review short.
I knew this book was going to be a tear-inducing read, the author and other early review posts on my facebook feed had prepared me, and also having read Margaret McHeyzer's book Ugly I knew that the author has a talent for creating emotional stories.
Being prepared I wanted to be as strong as I could, and although I had an ever-present lump in my throat, I did make it to chapter 23... but then I was toast! after the end of chapter 22 I was sobbing I had to stop and take a break before continuing.
Alice and Becky have grown up together, sisters if not in blood but in souls, and then at 17 Alice meets Elijah.
In Happy fairy tales, Alice and Elijah will live happily ever after, but Margaret likes to write books that are more true to life, and sometimes fate has a different path for people. Margaret writes about these characters, the ones that will touch a reader's soul, these characters may be fiction, but their journey will make you contemplate your own and it did with me.
I am going to say that I found Part 2 harder to read than Part 1, as with Death its the ones left behind that feel the worst pain, so as such part 2 being about life after Alice passes it was more real, there was pain, grief, but also hope and possibilities for happiness after Alice for Elijah.
Ms McHeyzer did a superb job in writing each scene, I think I will probably want to read every book she produces. she has hit me 2 for 2 so far.
one of my favourite parts of the book was when Ms. Lauren speaks about how she viewed Alice as a pupil. People may never realise how they touch a person in just being in their lives, but how Margaret set this scene it was an eye opener for me, how my perspective of the character changed just by that paragraph... There are numerous scenes I could quote but that would spoil your enjoyment so I will finish by saying, I loved being broken by Margaret's story... eventually, I was put together again, but Alice and her journey will stay with me for a long time.
The trailer and the song that were done for this book are also captivating, give it a watch and I bet you will be adding this book to your To Be Read list.

View all Kat's reviews
 
 
Purchase Links 
 
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS / SMASHWORDS
 
 
Trailer
 
Watch the trailer featuring Dance While You Sleep,
an original song written and recorded for Dying Wish.
 
  
Dance While You Sleep is available on iTunes
 
 
 
Author Bio
 
There's something about the written word that is pure magic.
Possibly it's the fact there are 26 letters in the English alphabet, and they can create something so beautiful or so empowering they're capable to change our lives.
How important is it that we break suit and stretch our minds?
I like to think of myself as 'unique'. My stories aren't for everyone, and sometimes I may push what you believe to be 'normal'.
Normal is subjective.
I prefer to be known as a person who's never been 'bound by custom' but is 'unique by choice'.
I hope you do read and enjoy my stories.
 
Author Links

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate