Monday 17 October 2016

5 Star Review Wake to Dream By Lily White @lilywhitebooks #TopRead2016

Title: Wake to Dream
Author: Lily White
Cover Designer: Cover Me, Darling
Genre: Psych Thriller



Blurb:
Alice Beaumont is running out of time…
Plagued by sleep disorders since her childhood, Alice had grown accustomed to the nightly dreams that terrorized her. She woke up in strange places. She was paralyzed by fear and hallucinations. She screamed each night at unseen specters and evil faces.
When her sister, Delilah, goes missing, Alice’s dreams take on new meaning. A link between reality and fantasy, Alice understands that her dreams hold the key to the mystery of her sister’s abduction.
A hooded woman…
A mysterious and dangerous man…
And a doctor who is determined to help her fit together the broken pieces…
Alice has no choice but to peer deep into the recesses of her mind to discover the clues that will lead her to truth. On a race to save her sister, Alice runs a dangerous maze between the nightmares that haunt her and the monster that waits for her when she finally wakes.
*This title deals with disturbing themes that may be a trigger for sensitive readers.*


Buy Here:
Amazon UK:  goo.gl/o1rjYP
Amazon CA:  goo.gl/cGDrWf



Review

Wake to DreamWake to Dream by Lily White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*** I volunteered to review this Advanced Readers Copy, I received no monetary incentive for this review, these are my honest thoughts, ramblings and I try not to spoil the book for a reader, its JUST purely my thoughts after reading it - take them as they are but I always advise you to read a sample as you can on most ebook sites - hopefully this statement appeases Amazon and their constant changes in their T&Cs***

OKAY.... So How the heck to I do this review????
Note - this is NOT A ROMANCE - I would say its a Thriller/Horror Dark Suspense we will have to see what category the author puts it in BUT...

Be prepared to be #mindfucked #Bigtime #CriminalMindsCrew would have been going around in circles.

I will be honest and say that for 75% of this book I was thinking 3.5 to 4 star, because the book really was a hard book for me to read. This is the FIRST @LilyWhite book I have read, so this may have been part of the reason, the other was because I said I would review this without seeing any info on the book I didn't realise it wasn't a romance.

But by the end of this book I realised my error in thinking it was going to be anything like my usual reads. - MY BAD for not doing any research I guess, But I tend to only read a blurb so I go in blind and leave the book to impress me - not the hype behind it.

anyway this is my message to the person who asked if I would review it!!! and I thought yep that's my review!


#Max is a headcase and not in a #MaxHeadroom kinda way.
#Alice - well I thought she'd walked through the #Mirror but it seems #LilyWhite wanted to #Twist and #Turn our minds in #Circles right to #TheEnd.

I can say that i had some idea of what was happening, but only #VagueIdeas, so this Book #Keptmeonmytoes.

Its a book you will read slowly so not to miss any clues, but at 50% it gets a bit easier to follow, but be prepared not to put the book down till the end as I did - and be prepared to #Stayuplate thinking of it well after you finished.

And this was her reply: Hahahaha. That is awesome
And yay! Glad y'all didn't expect the outcome.

View all my reviews


Bio:

Lily White is a dark writer who likes to dabble on the taboo side of eroticism. She is most known for her Masters Series (Her Master’s Courtesan and Her Master’s Teacher), Target This, Hard Roads, and Asylum. She’s co-authored Serial (a four part serial series). When she isn’t writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estate Series, Because of Ellison (contemporary romance), and Standard Romance Story (Romance Comedy). Lily enjoys stretching her writing muscles by continuing to challenge herself with each book she publishes.
In addition to writing, Lily is an avid reader, gummy bear slayer, and a gold medalist in puppy naps.

Social Media Links:

Twitter: @lilywhitebooks
wake-to-dream-wrap



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate