Friday 25 May 2018

GDPR and Katsindiebookblog

I'm based in New Zealand where the GDRP isn't a thing, but I basically have a widget in my blog where you can sign up for the posts to be emailed, or follow on Facebook, or blogger.

But in line with the new European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25 May 2018. The Google Peeps have updated their systems to include the new GDRP terms and conditions (I can't see them in NZ, so there's a screenprint below to show the message they sent me!)




Your privacy is of utmost importance to us and your data has always been treated with care. In our revised Privacy Policy, we have made it clearer what data we collect from you and what we do with it. We have also provided details on how you can exercise the various rights associated with your data. You can review the updated  Blog policy by clicking here.
When you receive an email from the blog there will always be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of it which you can utilize if you wish to stop the emails. 

I have found a page where you can apparently create custom code so I can add my own cookie banner, but for now, I am going to trust that Google has added this disclaimer.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kat & Jenni


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate