Saturday 22 July 2017

REVIEW: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine @GAILHONEYMAN

34200289


Blurb

Eleanor Oliphant has learned how to survive – but not how to live

Eleanor Oliphant leads a simple life. She wears the same clothes to work every day, eats the same meal deal for lunch every day and buys the same two bottles of vodka to drink every weekend.
Eleanor Oliphant is happy. Nothing is missing from her carefully timetabled life. Except, sometimes, everything.
One simple act of kindness is about to shatter the walls Eleanor has built around herself. Now she must learn how to navigate the world that everyone else seems to take for granted – while searching for the courage to face the dark corners she’s avoided all her life.
Change can be good. Change can be bad. But surely any change is better than… fine?
Book Links
Amazon US ~ Amazon UK ~ Kobo ~ B&N ~ Mighty Ape ~ Publishers

Review

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely FineEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

Kat's rating: 4 of 5 stars
***I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader's Copy of this book for my honest review & I thank the publishers Harper Collins NZ***



I reviewed this book and the cover is different to the one here in NZ, my cover is like the hardback.
my book cover

This book was one recommended to me, and the story at first had me thinking what was I reading, but as you peel away the layers of Eleanor you will find the most innocent of characters, who finally is growing into the woman she was supposed to be.

This book deals with the result of children put into the social system, and although Eleanor had all her basic needs met, her emotional needs were failed miserably.

This review is going to be short, because I want readers to go into this book as I did, without expectations, to turn each page and explore the ups and downs Eleanor experiences as she finally begins to open up to the world.

Raymond... I wanted to say a few words about Raymond. he was so nondescript but such a good guy. The book ends with an ambiguous future for Eleanor but in my heart, I hope that she finally ends up with Raymond.

Thanks to Kelly Bold for recommending this book - it was a book that helped me escape a troubling month.


***I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader's Copy of this book for my honest review & I thank the publishers Harper Collins NZ***

View all Kats reviews

Author Bio



 While Gail Honeyman was writing her debut novel, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, it was shortlisted for the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize as a work in progress. It has subsequently sold to almost thirty territories worldwide, and it was chosen as one of the Observer's Debuts of the Year for 2017.

Gail was also awarded the Scottish Book Trust's Next Chapter Award in 2014, and has been longlisted for BBC Radio 4's Opening Lines and shortlisted for the Bridport Prize. She lives in Glasgow.

 

Social links

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate