Thursday 8 September 2016

Review of The Raven Boys By Maggie Stiefvater


Blurb
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue never sees them--until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks to her.

His name is Gansey, a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul whose emotions range from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She doesn't believe in true love, and never thought this would be a problem. But as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore. 

Review

#FiveStars! #Awesome #Loved it #IwantaSignedSet!
Ok this is going to be hard to enthuse how much I loved reading this book - without giving anything away.
I love Maggie Stievater she is a creative person I aspire to, but I have not read many of her books - I own a few, because I know that I wanted to own them just because of their covers and the knowledge of that they contain great stories, but I have not gotten around to reading them and once more they are in storage boxes!
I am currently listening to the Scorpio Races on Audible, since my car radio doesnt work its what I listen to when I am driving.  
That is the only other book of Maggies I have started because I have just had too much of a backlog to read the ones I own. (the shiver series)
So when I had got to a point with no internet to download my books to my kindle I headed to the library and thought - what do I want to read?
The raven boys series popped into my head, so I ordered it and then I waited.
What a wait it was, it finally arrived and I picked it and Book 2 up as well.
was it worth the wait - oh heck yeah!
lets just say its a good job I am unable to do much lately as I really didn't want to do anything but read.
I am back into Maggie's wonderful world of the Raven boys in [book:The Dream Thieves|17347389].
so What did I think?
AWESOME!!!
I at first had this niggling nugget of dread in my heart that I would have my heart broken because of the prediction given to Blue by her psychic mother and her equally kooky family and other psychics predicted the same outcome.
I knew it was special at the prologue, Maggie introduces us to Blue Sargent first, Blue has kept herself isolated from outside influences as much as she could when it came to boys due to the dire consequences given to her, and she had done a good job, her quirky ways and weird family ensured that she was always on the outside when she was at school, the 'unknown spookiness' also kept her free from bullies, gossip about her family were enough to keep them away.
Blue worked as a waitress and this is how Blue first comes across the Raven Boys, when one of the boys inadvertently insults Blue when he was trying to set her up with his friend.
She soon shows 'President Mobile Phone' that she is not interested, but when something is left behind and is given to Blue by mistake, we the reader are drawn along with Blue into the world of the Raven Boys, and what a journey it is.
I don't want to say much more as I think that the reader should uncover the characters and the story themselves.
I loved each and every page, each cryptic clue and OMG the shock when a particular plot twist is revealed, but now looking back I can spot clues laid out, but I was so eager to read and discover the end game I had missed them.
So if you have never read a series by Maggie Stiefvater -- I can definately recommend starting with this series, you will get hooked and want to devour each and every other book written like I planning.

Links

I follow Maggie on Facebook and stalk her website you can find out more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate