466 pages, Paperback
First published May 30, 2017
Literary awards :Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Romance (2017)
Setting : Montana (United States)
Characters : Bodine Longbow, Callen Skinner, Alice Bodine
BLURB
Love. Lies. Murder. A lot can happen... COME SUNDOWN
Bodine Longbow loves to rise with the dawn. As the manager of her family's resort in Western Montana, there just aren't enough hours in the day - for life, for work, for loved ones. She certainly doesn't have time for love, not even in the gorgeous shape of her childhood crush Callen Skinner, all grown up and returned to the ranch. Then again, maybe Callen can change her mind, given time...
But when a young woman's body is discovered on resort land, everything changes. Callen falls under the suspicion of a deputy sheriff with a grudge. And for Bodine's family, the murder is a shocking reminder of an old loss. Twenty-five years ago, Bodine's Aunt Alice vanished, never to be heard of again. Could this new tragedy be connected to Alice's mysterious disappearance?
As events take a dramatic and deadly turn, Bodine and Callen must race to uncover the truth - before the sun sets on their future together.
BOOK LINKS 🔗
REVIEW

BOOK: Come Sundown by Nora Roberts (Format, Paperback)
Nora Roberts is always an author that can whisk me away to another continent or world in a gripping story.
TITLE: Come Sundown
Author: Nora Roberts
Status: Read | Rating: 5/5 ⭐
QUICK IMPRESSION
This book was so nail-biting! At first, it felt like reading two separate stories: a present-day romance and a past-timeline thriller following Alice. Switching back and forth between past and present gave a much-needed breather from Alice’s torment. But when those timelines finally converged?
What a ride! I do love a Nora Roberts book. I usually rate her fantasy and paranormal titles higher—like Year One or the Guardians Trilogy—since fantasy is my favorite genre, but this one officially takes top spot for my favorite of her non-fantasy books. I guess the gorgeous mountain setting, glorious sunsets, and horses didn't hurt either 🥰.
QUOTES TO KEEP
• [Quote 1]“You kicked ass that needed kicking tonight, and you topped it off with the best hot and crazy floor sex in my personal experience.”
• [Quote 2]“I’m going to keep my red hair, just like yours. I’m going to bake biscuits and ride at a gallop. I’m going to sing with my sister and not be afraid. Because I got away, and I came home.”" I absolutely broke down in some of Alice's scenes.
KEY CHARACTERS
• [Character 1 Bodine Longbow]: [FMC Runs the resort]. Bodine Longbow finds solace in the early morning light, dedicating herself to the family ranch in Montana.
• [Character 2 Callen Skinner]: [Horse Wrangler/worked in Hollywood with horses on films before coming home]. His father gambled away the family farm, The Longbow ranch bought the land and now the remainder was bought by the resort, Cal grew up with the Longbow kids, Bodine had a crush on him
• [Character 3 Alice Bodine]: [Missing Aunt of Bodine]. Alice packed a bag and headed to Hollywood after her sister's wedding to make a more exciting life, a few postcards were sent, then nothing...
(There are more, but these are the main characters)
FINAL THOUGHTS
• The Good: The worldbuilding, setting the scene and characters, whether it was in the present, or in the past where my heart was hurting for Alice. The pacing was just right, switching from the trauma to the slightly more cheerful romance between Bodine and Callen.
• The Bad:"Honestly couldn't think of anything!"
I would point out that this book will trigger some readers, but it was written in 2017 before everything was broken down to tropes and triggers on the blurb.
• Verdict: It may have taken me years to finally pull this off my TBR shelf (so many indie author commitments!), but I’m so glad I did. Now that we’re living the caravan lifestyle and traveling around NZ, I’ll be dropping this copy into the nearest Little Free Library for someone else to enjoy 😊.
AUTHOR BIO
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Hideaway, Under Currents, Come Sundown, The Awakening, Legacy, and coming in November 2021 -- The Becoming -- the second book in The Dragon Heart Legacy. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks for commenting