Title: Breached
Trilogy: Stonewall #3
Author: J.L. Drake
Genre: Military Romantic Suspense
Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Single Dad, Secret Identity
Forced Proximity, Forbidden Love, Found Family
Release Date: October 6, 2026
BLURB
From the bestselling author of the Broken Trilogy and Dark Water Series comes Breached— the explosive finale to the Stonewall Trilogy, where brotherhood is forged in blood, loyalty is tested, and no one escapes the cost of war.
Agent Paul thought he understood sacrifice.
He was wrong.
One second.
That's all it takes for everything to change.
With ears still ringing, Paul is forced to confront one unbearable truth: the people he swore to protect are paying the price for a war that was never meant to reach them. Now they all must face the aftermath of his choices.
The deaths.
The carnage.
The pain.
Nicole spent her career documenting wars that belonged in someone else's world.
Until now.
Now the lines between truth and deception have never been more dangerous. Yet the greatest betrayal may not come from the enemy closing in—but from the man she thought she knew.
Bruno is done playing defense.
After years of watching his empire crumble, he's learned exactly where to strike. He isn't waiting for Blackstone to cross the border.
For Blackstone, this isn't just another mission. It's the fight for everything they've built—and everyone they love.
Because the war isn't raging south of the border.
It's coming home.
PURCHASE LINKS
Read in Kindle Unlimited
ALSO AVAILABLE
Read in Kindle Unlimited
Read in Kindle Unlimited
REVIEW

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
BOOK: Breached: Stonewall Trilogy #3 by J.L. Drake (ebook)
Note: This is book 3 in this series and you most definitely need to read them in order.
Status: Read
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Published: 6 October 2026
QUICK IMPRESSION
'No one is beyond the line of fire'...
The book continues right from the explosive end of book 2! Thank you Jodi for that sneak peek π«£ my brain was π€― and yes, if that hadn't been there, I may have thrown something π
The events of the first few chapters of this book are gripping! The turmoil of what happens really landed hard. I think because I recently started this series and the characters are so fresh in my mind, I was living these scenes right alongside them. My heart was definitely π
This review is going to be all about how I felt, because I am not about to give away any spoilers...
QUOTES TO KEEP
• “I think you see something wonderful in Brandon, and you recognize it because you have it in Cole. You guys are molding the next generation of this life, and if you ask me, it’s pretty damn cool that you can see those qualities in the kids already. Your daughter is already a leader, and she’ll be a woman not to be messed with.” - there are a lot of really good, sweet moments in between the action.
• “War is a man’s oldest shadow—where he goes, it will follow
• “And those who are lucky enough to live in peace rarely see what it costs to keep it.”
KEY CHARACTERS
• Paul: Role: Agent. Our MMC is finally letting Nicole in, but secrets will test their relationship.
• Nicole Winter: Role: War Correspondent. Our FMC Nicole uses her skills and contacts to help the team. She has some big kahunas!
• Bruno Perez: Role: Son of Ezmarelda Perez, Head of the Perez Cartel. His obsession with Nicole escalates, and he is determined to find the safehouse to capture Nicole and Chase.
(There are a lot of characters in this series, but the author kindly listed them at the beginning of the book. And I can tell you, I'm so interested in reading all of their stories!)
FINAL THOUGHTS
The Good: The conclusion of this series was an absolute rollercoaster ride! My nerves were shot, and the twists of not knowing what was going to happen next or who they could trust kept me hooked. The final scenes were just nail-biting, and I cried ππ numerous times throughout the book!
The Bad: Nothing. "Nada." "Zip." ππΌ❣️ I totally loved this book, and I'm honestly sad it's finished π’Verdict: An amazing end to the series! I've found myself another military suspense/romance author to follow with a huge back catalog to dive into ππΌπ. Definitely putting this series on my best of 2026 list! I love high-stakes romantic suspense that just keeps you glued to the pages, and I will be recommending this series to anyone who reads.
View all my reviews
EXCERPT
Paul
I was in a battle zone. In the split second of the blast, I’d thrown my body over Olivia’s. The explosion hit us like a wall of fire. It was blistering and deafening all at once. The heat had been instant, unforgiving, and merciless. It crawled over us like a living thing.
I tried to keep my weight off Liv as I rolled us onto our sides. We both gasped for air that wasn’t there. The oxygen had been sucked away, along with any sound. The ringing in my ears was intense, and I fought to block it out. It wasn’t the first time I’d been through a blast like that, and I knew my ears would bother me for a while. My vision was spotty, but I blinked to see Olivia and quickly patted her down to make sure she was okay. My eyes kept going to the vehicles, but I had to check her out first.
She was like a zombie, and I knew she was in shock. I pressed a hand to her shoulder and made the motion to stay down. I had to assess the situation. Distant screams from all around us made me realize this was so much worse than I could have ever imagined. I spotted the tracker Liv had handed me where it lay on the ground. I rammed my fist into the face of the lion then stood and used my heel to crush it. Staying low, I moved quickly in the direction of the SUVs.
Holy shit. It might be a war zone, but this one included everyone I loved.
Chase! Nicole! Their faces pushed through my mind as I began to run. I looked for the guys and saw, like me, they’d transformed from husbands and fathers to combat soldiers. They moved swiftly about in the chaos. As I got close, I saw their faces were white with pain and shock as they tried to get everyone away from the still-burning vehicle. We all knew more could be coming.
What the hell had happened? How could this happen here?
Cries and shouts from our loved ones intermingled with the sounds of people as they arrived on the scene to help.
There was so much distraction, I couldn’t even fathom that Nicole and Chase’s SUV was the one that had been blown up.
John and Travis were quickly herding the wives and children to Zack’s entrance. Sloane raced past me, headed for Olivia. “I’ve got her.” Her voice sounded strangled and her face was pale.
Then I saw Savannah. Cat was at her side pulling her arm desperately to try to get her to move with the others toward the safety of Zack’s restaurant.
“Savi!” Zack appeared out of nowhere, and he sounded a mile away. He shook her shoulders, and she blinked out of the trance she was in. “Olivia! Easton!” she screamed.
“Olivia is over there. She’s okay.” He pointed to the stairs where Sloane half-carried Olivia up the restaurant steps. Savannah sobbed and ran for her daughter.
“Zack!” I yelled, making him look at me. “Check everyone for trackers!” He gave me a thumbs up, and I quickly veered around to head toward the inferno. I needed to see. I had to know. “No!” Mike’s voice boomed, and I whirled to see him intercept Cole as he hurled himself at the burning vehicle. “You don’t want to see that! Cole, stop!”
AUTHOR BIO
J.L. Drake is a bestselling author of contemporary romance and romantic suspense, known for her dark, gripping books with brooding heroes and passionate lovers. Her “World of Mayhem” offers interconnected series enjoyed individually. Originally from Nova Scotia, she now lives in Southern California. For more, visit her website.
AUTHOR LINKS









No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks for commenting