Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Let Me See: Lockwood Legacy Book 2 by Kaylee Navarro

 


BLURB 

When stolen glances turn into an unstoppable obsession...

Harper Beckett, small town girl, park ranger and wildlife enthusiast. She never felt seen or understood or chosen at all, until Connor. Her brother's girlfriend's much older brother burst into her life and turned it all upside down...

Connor Lockwood, cybersecurity genius, protective older brother, enamored with his sisters, boyfriends much younger sister. With green eyes, golden blonde hair and a body that could stop traffic, Harper is everything he never thought he'd have and the only thing he refuses to lose.

When their worlds collide, can he do what is necessary to protect her? Can she accept him as he is?

BOOK LINKS πŸ”— 

Amazon | Goodreads 

REVIEW 


Let Me See: Lockwood Legacy Book 2Let Me See: Lockwood Legacy Book 2 by Kaylee Navarro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let Me See: Lockwood Legacy Book 2
by Kaylee Navarro
4/5 ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

I have not read book 1, and the author stated that it isn't required. 😁 I completely agree! The author includes enough backstory to keep you informed, but more importantly, it intrigued me enough to want to go back and read Calliope and Oliver's story. (Let Me Go) Is found here πŸ‘‰πŸΌ https://amzn.to/4gQBz4A

BUT this book does literally start with the Male protagonist discussing 'Fred' from book 1. So I felt like I was missing something for a quick minute. Thankfully I soon got into the storyline and as the plot reveals itself, anything relevant to this story was explained πŸ‘πŸΌ. I have found in the past this doesn't happen, and then I am feeling slightly on the back foot.

The author does list the Tropes/warnings: so I've written my thoughts on those below:

*Age Gap 🩢 2/5 (the artwork makes Connor look younger) than his age in the book - 43 but he definitely got all the alpha male dominance traits that make him swoon worthy.
Harper, is 28 but she's definitely smart, independent and knows what she wants in a relationship... I also liked that even though she had never been in a dangerous position, she was smart and used her knowledge to keep herself in control.

*High Spice 🌢️ 4/5 Definitely spicy but I've read spicier , but I think the author has got the spicy/suspense and sweet mix just right πŸ‘πŸΌ, I've really enjoyed reading this book.

*Mafia (mentioned) πŸ•΄πŸΌ⚰️ 3/5 This was a good blend of small town country vibe with Mafia infiltration to create a suspenseful story set in the rural parkland where Harper works. Sergei was a favorite character too 😁
*Violence (on page) ⚔️πŸ›‘️πŸ”« 3/5 I've definitely read darker, but the scenes are intense without being overly graphic πŸ‘πŸΌ I think Queen is my favorite of Connor's team, but Thing 1 &Thing 2 are the ones that are most interesting 🧐
Note to Author: we need a Lockwood Cybersecurity series πŸ˜†

*Snakes (mentioned) 🐍 type πŸ˜‚ and definitely the other type πŸ€ͺ (sorry couldn't resist)

*Kinks/Rough Sex πŸͺ’3/5 We have some hot πŸ”₯ scene's inside and outside 😁 gotta explore the woodland opportunities πŸ˜‰ and Connor is definitely the one calling the shots πŸͺ’🌢️

My final thoughts:
This is the first book I've read of this authors, and I think that considering this is Kaylees second book, and book 1 was released earlier this year (July) I predict we will be seeing more of this new authors works in the future πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ₯°.


I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

View all my reviews



AUTHOR BIO 

Hey y'all. My name is Kaylee Navarro. I was born and raised in a small town in north west Washington state. After marrying my husband we moved to the south. We have lived in Oklahoma and Texas since 2015. I am a wife, mom and dog mom. Avid animal education advocate and animal lover. I am not just a writer but avid reader as well. I write small town stories because they are what I know. I pour my heart and soul into my characters and hope you love them as much as I do.

When I write, I write what I'd like to read. No extensive miscommunications here. All HEA's and no cheating! I like reading a third act breakup but can't bring myself to write one.

Follow Kaylee Navarro on Instagram 


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/katsindiebookblog

Translate