Friday, 11 September 2026

Release Day Review: Selling Sunset by T.L. Hauser

Book link 🔗 

https://amzn.to/4zYyGY0

Blurb

Their romance was written for the cameras—falling for each other wasn’t part of the script.

Piper Pierce built her career writing happily-ever-afters.

But finding her own? That’s a different story.

When her bestselling romance novel is adapted into a major Hollywood film, Piper is flown to California to help bring her beloved story to life. It should be the opportunity of a lifetime—sunshine, movie stars, and the chance to watch her words become something bigger than she ever imagined.

There’s just one problem.

Ben freaking Hartman.

A-list actor. Hollywood heartthrob. Professional pain in her ass

Her plan to actively avoid him falls apart when the studio decides their off-screen tension would make the perfect publicity stunt. Suddenly, Piper and Ben are cast as Hollywood’s newest It-couple—at least until the premiere.

But between late-night confessions, red carpet chaos, and unscripted moments that leave them breathless, they start to wonder if the story they’re selling might be more real than either of them wants to admit.

When the cameras finally stop rolling and the lines between fiction and reality blur, they’ll have to decide if what they have is just another Hollywood performance…

Or the kind of love worth going off script for.

 

 

Review 


Selling SunsetSelling Sunset by T.L. Hauser
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is just so easy to fall into! Somehow, during the quiet moments of Saturday's chores, I devoured 24 chapters.

I sat in a boring DIY car park while my hubby looked at wood... meanwhile, I was escaping into the story of Piper Pearce’s book being turned into a film—and her delicious love-hate relationship with Ben, the leading man! I’ve honestly never enjoyed being stuck in a car babysitting a chop saw and workbench so much. 🤣

We had leftovers for dinner, and thankfully hubby was on his laptop so I could keep watching the sparks fly between Ben and Piper. 😁 I won't spoil what happens, but I thoroughly enjoyed every high and low of their "fake relationship" becoming something more.

Overall, this is the perfect beach read or cozy under-the-blankets book with Christmas music in the background, as the storyline spans across both seasons. (Being in New Zealand, I can actually do both since Christmas is in summer for us! 😂)

The ending was sweet, and the final page was such a neat idea to wrap up the story. Plus, the epilogue leaves you desperate for book two in this series of interconnected standalones.

A quick FYI: In the author's notes at the end, there are links to real-life locations featured in the story. I loved clicking through them after reading—especially the beach!

This was my first book by T.L. Hauser, and I will definitely be checking out the next one when it's published.

Thanks to the author for the ARC in exchange for my honest thoughts on Ben and Pipers story

View all my reviews

Author Bio 

T.L. Hauser is an emerging author writing romance-driven stories that blend suspense, heart, and a touch of chaos. Her books range from edge-of-your-seat thrillers to feel-good rom-coms and romantic fantasies.

She is a wife, mom of two, baker, musician, and avid reader. When she’s not writing, she enjoys aggravating her husband (who begs to stay off-page) and smothering her children with love in their small North Carolina hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/katsindiebookblog

Translate