Tuesday 3 September 2019

The Taste of Her Words by Candace Knoebel Review


Blurb

 Andrea was my first taste of love. 

She was there throughout my childhood and into adulthood. Her words were a secret I wasn’t supposed to know. Truths and pain bled onto papers that shredded my innocence and carved a hole in my heart only she could fill. 

Her words were my first kiss. They were the uneven breaths I took when I saw her, and my hands between her thighs inside the dreams she haunted. She was my best friend’s older sister and, even though she didn’t know it yet, she was the pen that would ink our destiny into the stars. 

Dean tempted me to cross a line I never thought I would. 

It had been so long since someone looked at me the way he did. Five years since his starry gaze caressed my words and I ran from a kiss I couldn’t shake. He was everything I should stay away from, but how could I resist the beautifully broken man whose touch stoked a fire within my soul? 

Dean was the missing words to my fairy tale. The parchment I could safely put my most intimate thoughts to. But when secrets from the past catch up with us, how could our perfectly plotted ending survive? 

*** This is a full-length, stand-alone novel that touches on the topic of domestic abuse. Suitable for ages 18+ ***

 Review

The Taste of Her WordsThe Taste of Her Words by Candace Knoebel
Jenni's rating: 5 of 5 stars

***I voluntarily reviewed this book for Katsindiebookblog, and I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book.*** Holy S**T! This is right up there with some of my best reads so far this year! I’m not sure what I expected after reading the synopsis, but I never expected this! The author’s words are magical and so life like. You are easily thrown into the world with each word.
Andy lives the world of single mothers. It’s a very hard world to live in, especially if you have personally done so. Having a controlling ex does not help matters at all. Dreams get put on hold, everything must be put aside so your priorities gets taken care of.
Dean has lived in the proverbial shadows for years. A passionate kiss was shared years ago, however, age and friendships are blocking all paths. However, when you just can’t take it anymore, you are pushed to fight for what is rightfully yours. That is what Dean sets off to do.
Each character has their own issues to work with, would it be easier to work on them apart, or could it help with fighting them together? When love and a child are involved, it changes everything. How you think and how you act. Can these 2 fight their issues and demons and be what they both want? A loving relationship and family? Or will their demons and issues stand between them and they will go to live the life neither of them truly want?
This was a very well written book, great descriptions, and a feeling of being in the story yourself. You can definitely feel what the characters are feeling at each moment. I highly recommend this book. This is a unique story with much inside to tell. Don’t hesitate to One-Click this!


View all Jenni's reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting

Powered By Blogger

Rachel M Raithby

Rachel M Raithby
Author of the Deadwood Hunter Series

Blog Archive

Follow

Instagram

Translate